Tuesday, August 9, 2011

While Waiting For the Paint to Dry

So I thought I'd share a couple of my other projects from the day of no sleep.  Some was done while waiting for the paint to dry on the cubby shelf while others happened before.

This plate is what started my marathon.  It was just a plain white plate with some major cracks & crazing in the middle.  I intended to turn it into a cake plate but when I was finished I felt it would be best used as decoration in the future refurb hutch.  Plus I don't think you can eat off of it.  No the Mod Podge is not perfect, but I don't like my shabby to be perfect.

Close up:
The middle is just a piece of scrapbook paper.

Next up was letter art.  I've really been wanting to buy some wooden letters to put over our window on the gray wall.  However finding the & was a bit hard, plus whenever I found one they would be out of an S.  Always the S never the W.  So after viewing some inspiration from one of the many DIY blogs I follow I decided to go the super cheap route...FREE.

Maybe one day when I can get out to a Hobby Lobby or The Flower Factory I can get all the wooden initials I need.  Till then I'm quite happy with how this turned out.  Thank you Photoshop

The last thing was to paint a icky dark wine bottle:
to white:

again I know it's not perfect and the Fleur de Lil stencil did not adhere so well to a rounded object, but I like it's imperfection.  It will later find a home on top of our wardrobe, once I find all the goodies I wish to place up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment