Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Go to the Corner

Usually when someone hear's that, they've done something bad.  However this time it's a good thing, well at least for us it is.  Well it's an improvement, not so much a good thing I suppose.  Remember the little counter wall paneling I repainted a couple weeks ago?  Well I fixed the area up & it is looking pretty good right now.  I never took an original photo but that corner use to be where I huge oak tv stand was.  It's so large & we are rather outdated in the fact that we still have the tube televisions that you couldn't even see that corner area.  So it went from a rather invisible "oh this is your TV" to a lovely corner of the living room.

this was the wall after it was painted.

This is the area now all fixed up.
please ignore a.) the horrid footstool, I need to find material to recover it. I was just trying it out under there. b.) the blurred background.  There were pots on the stove lol.

We still need to redo the counter top but that is a future project.  I should have taken pictures of the huge pictures we hung on the wall as well.  Everything pictured we've had but they never really had a "place"  The table has been hidden under a tray.  You couldn't even tell it was a refabbed window.  As I said the footstool is getting recovered & painted.  So though it's not perfect yet it is quite in improvement from our bulky TV corner, plus a few wandering pieces found a home of their own in the pretty corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment