Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cubbies

This past week/weekend has been a nightmare.  All I can really say is that I'm tired of dealing with other people problems when my immediate family (Will included) have enough of their own things to deal with.  I really hope things get back to normal soon.

That being said I tried my best at creating normalcy Monday.  I had a real issue with sleeping so I stayed up a full 24hrs from Sunday to Monday.  I had so many ideas running through my head that I decided that 2am was a great time to get started on a ton of projects, or at the very least get all my ducks in a row.
First thing I did was take before pictures of EVERYTHING since I'm horrible at before pictures I thought taking a group photo of all my goodies at once then individually would be a great idea.  That way when inspiration hits me and I start painting without hesitation I have no worries because photos were taken.  Of course that lasted one day.  I started a new project yesterday & primed an item before taking a photo.  Will says no worries it's still a before, however the gray primer is an improvement on the hideous color this item was.  I like to call it baby poo yellow.

Here is a photo of all the goodies I plan on redoing:
Got all this loot in one day: Lamp, picture cube, light switch cover, desk organizer, shower curtain rings, 2 of the wooden trays, bike basket & the rose candle scones. All of these will be redone.

Yesterday I redid the photo cube & a few days before that I painted the light switch cover gray. The other project yesterday was to take this cubby shelf:
and turn into this cute cubby shelf:




The shelf was $2.99 at Goodwill and all the paint & hardware we already had.  We had 2 gallons of the blue so you'll see it used quite a bit.  The knobs I got off of a shelf my mom had bought but had later broke.  This will later go up for sale, however for now I love it too much so we'll be using it to display some of our shabby nick-nacks.

Cost:


Shelf $2.99
Paint  FREE
Knobs FREE

Never hesitate to look around the house to see what you have, left over paint is a god send.

edit
This is currently where the cubby shelf is hanging out.  Please forgive the paneling, that is a future project.  I'm sure the items will vary when we get new finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment