Sunday, August 7, 2011

Get on the Floor

After many set backs the floor is more or less complete on our landing/hallway.  We still need to buy new thresholds but we'll get them eventually.  So this may have been a rather cheap update, in my eyes anything was an upgrade.

Have I mentioned I'm horrible with before photos? ...I have?  Good.  This is after the fact but this is what was covering our hallway floor.
It was a quite stunning 1970's green.  Kind of looked like that stuff they use to put in a screened in porch.

2hrs later this is where we were.
Will & I scrapped all the black rubber up then swept & vacuumed. Please excuse the scuffed door frame & the icky doors.  Those are still on my project list.
24hrs after this is our new floor
I got a bit excited & took the picture right after it was done.  We had to replace a few tiles today due to my being unable to cut straight lines.  Once the thresholds have been replaced I'll take a better picture.

As you can see, even in this crappy photo ANYTHING was an improvement.  The tiles were rather cheap at our local Family Dollar store.  I believe it was $12 for a box and there are plenty of tiles left to redo our tiny tiny bathroom floor.  Currently Kmart is also selling these type of tiles for $9 though the box is not as big.  I'm sure many can afford to do more but I think it was a great project for a renter, or a young couple in their first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment