Friday, November 4, 2011

Procrastination...My Friend

Today has been a serious procrastination day.  Okay admittedly I got to do some thrifting and helped mom buy a cool old recliner.  By help her buy I mean Will & I picked it up at the Flea Market and carried it up the flight of stairs.  Ooh was my back killing me after that, it was sore to begin with but now it kills just to stand up straight.

Didn't find a whole bunch of goodies at the thrift store but just enough to add to the pile of "stuff".  The good news is that everything we bought is coming in as is, I do not have to re-do any of it.  After much procrastinating I finally took my butt downstairs and sanded the first layer of shiny paint off the old desk I bought to replace my oh so lovely particle board desk that I've had for 8yrs now.  I'm really excited to see how it turns out.  I'm a bit twisted on the paint color though, I'm not sure if I want it the same light gray as the nite stand I redid a couple days ago, or if I want it slightly darker.  The room itself is an aqua blue with one gray stone colored accent wall.  All the frames on the wall are either white or black.  Then I have GISLEV rug that we got from Ikea down.
I really like the shade of gray, it's not as dark as our wall and not nearly as light as the nite stand.  So I keep thinking would the desk look better in a similar shade as the rug?  As you can see I am seriously conflicted, I would like it all to match but at the same time I don't want it to be to matchy matchy since none of the pieces in our room are in the same style. I suppose in the end I will decide right before I start to actually paint, that's how I usually work anyways.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and thank you to all of the lovely ladies who left me comments on my hutch redo.

No comments:

Post a Comment