Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nite and Day

In one of my recent romps to a local thrift store I found this vintage side table that I felt would make a great nite stand for our room.  While redoing the kitchen I have slowly started to also weed out the old in our bedroom and try to make it a bit more "grown up".  The room is painted in blues with one gray accent wall.

Here is where the side table turned nite stand started:
Please forgive the junky looking room.  That is quite literally my junk room, it's where all my projects to be done sit until I am ready to work on them. I believe I paid $7.99 for the table, short of some chewing on the back left leg it was in great condition.  With a bit of sanding and some paint that Will mixed for me I think she turned out great.

After:

I sprayed the hardware black then distressed it a bit.  I'm not big on to much distressing, at least not in our bedroom.  I leave that to the rest of the house lol.  This was my first time using polyurethane (Minwax), I'm not sure if I did it right or not. However I knew I would need something on it to protect the paint.  Regardless I love how she turned out,  Will did a great job mixing the colors.  He used Antique White (color place) with just a dab of Stone Ebony Black (Better Homes) and it made the most perfect gray.  I have a desk and a dresser to repaint and I think for one of them I will be making some DIY chalk paint.

Linking up to:





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment