Sunday, December 4, 2011

Out With the Old Pt 2

Tonight I will be sharing one of my new favorite pieces.  An old school desk, we did like it just the way it was however I thought it's color was a bit over stated considering the kitchens new paint.  Speaking of the kitchen I do have a very small part to share. This is sort of a before & after (I'll have to take a few more afters).
Paneling Hell:
We rent & it's far to expensive to get rid of this hideous paneling so we decided to paint it.  The doorway is a door to our landlords storage area, which we do not have access too.  If you've seen my hutch redo then you can see this wall is pretty well covered.
Now that I have that out of the way here is the school desk before in it's overstated appearance:

Here she is in all her bright pink glory,  not horrible but in definite need of a cleaning.  Again just a bit to over stated for the new wall color.
Here she is now:


Nice lighter, softer color to go with the new kitchen wall color dontcha think?  I made this blue by combining our living rooms wall color with antique white.  Also put baking powder in the paint so it would not be glossy.  Sanded it down nice & smooth.  I really in love with this piece now.  Please ignore the sewing drawers and kittah in the pic.  I was in the process of taking pictures for Ebay.

I'm not sure if I'm finished with her.  I feel like a stencil might be in it's future, only time will tell. Oh yes and there are plans for the hideous counter top.  ewww!

No comments:

Post a Comment