Thursday, December 1, 2011

Busy, Busy Bee

Things have been a bit hectic with Thanksgiving and now Christmas right around the corner.  Not to mention all the projects I've undertaken as of late, leaves me little time to update let alone get on the PC.

I thought I'd share a couple projects I've finished recently.  I still need to take a decent picture of my finished desk but I just can't seem to get the right angle or the perfect lighting lol.  Anyways first up is this lovely jewelry "dresser" I redid:

This is how she looked before.  Very pretty but a bit dark for my taste. Found at the local Goodwill Outlet.


Here she is now:


excuse the last 2 craptacular pics.  However you can see the top of my desk (probably going to get a recover).  This was my first experiment with a DIY chalk paint (I used the baking powder idea). I distressed her only a little, I'm not a huge fan of overly distressed pieces.  The inside looks brand new, I don't know if this was ever used.  Oh she is a music box as well, so she plays a pretty little tune to go with her pretty new look.  Currently this little princess is up for sell on Ebay.

Next is this cute little lap desk/music stand/podium.  I'm not really sure what it originally was. When I bought it, it was a hideous green and had mom burned into it.

I kind of forgot to take a picture before I added the wood filler to cover the Mom.  However I did remember in time to show the pea green color.  Oh ignore all the other crap around, that's where I store all the furniture to be redone.  That's my desk in the sanding phase.
Here is the desk/podium now.


I had found this lovely "oops" paint at walmart for $5, it's a minty color & I think it looks great.  I don't understand how this is an oops.  Anyway I added a Fleur-De-Lis stencil over where the Mom was filled in.  I did not distress it because...well I didn't think it needed it.  This would be a great gift for a student or for a teacher as a lap desk. Also could be used a table top music stand or podium ?  She is currently for sale on Ebay as well.

Last little thing is a set of metal/brass rose wall scones.  I've had these for quite awhile, I couldn't decide what to do with them.  Finally I gave in and painted them pink.  See I feel like I use too much pink, but I can't help it not only do I like pink but I feel like others do as well.
Found at a local Goodwill, I couldn't resist the roses, they are so pretty.

Lightly distressed so you can see the brass a bit.  I think they turned out great (if you are a pink person).  They are currently up for sale on Ebay (though I admit it will be hard to see them go).

That is all the projects for now, I'll update on a few more tomorrow, plus I'll share the school desk I redid that I am completely in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment