Monday, July 18, 2011

The Second Shelf

We live 2 blocks away from a tiny thrift store called The Second Self.  I absolutely adore it, not only for it's great stuff but because the manager is so familiar with my mother & I we get stuff at half price quite often.  Recently Will & I rearranged our bedroom (after we painted) and we were struggling for a shelf to hold my bulky photo printer but also his xbox 360 (did I mention we are avid gamers?).  With no other options we used this ugly little night stand because it gave the xbox room to breathe.  Very ugly set up:
please excuse the bad picture & the bad PS.


As you can see my printer is barely perched up there.  Add to the fact that my cat Bunny likes to sit up there, it's a miracle that it hasn't fallen.  So I searched & searched even went to IKEA, but wasn't willing to spend a lot of money for such a small item.  $30 dollars seemed a bit much for such a smaller shelf, plus it seemed too "new" if you know what I mean.  FINALLY!! I hit pay dirt at the thrift store.  There was a little wooden cabinet for $6.00, then she says to me...I'll give it to you for $3 if you take it out of here. SOLD!!

Just so you all know ahead of time I am horrible at remembering to do the before photos.  That being said this is the door of the cabinet so you at least know what the wood looked like.
Not bad looking wood I know, but there is enough wood in our room.

So we decided to paint it to fit our color scheme.  We also decided not to put the door back on.  We're saving the door however, something tells me it will come in handy at a later date.

My printer fits much better, plus we have an extra shelf for books or games, DVD's or whatever we feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment