Friday, July 15, 2011

Needing a Little Shade...

We have recently repainted our room.  Prior to it being OUR room it was my very pink room:
Very pink; don't judge me.  

 Then once it was OUR room I decided not to torture him by making him live in that room for to long.  So we painted it a lovely light blue with a gray accent wall:
horrible picture but you can see the accent wall.  You can also see that our room is NOT shabby chic.    

Now due to this change in color schemes I had a lamp shade that was just not working, so I decided to try my hand at recovering it.

I followed (kind of) the instructions from one of my favorite blogs:

Young House Love

Dark brown shade before:
& After:
whoops is that upside down? 

there that's better.
I'm not sure I'll be keeping it on the floor lamp, I have refinished a old brass lamp & might consider using that instead.  This is a very easy project but it will indeed take two people.  Also I think a round barrel shade would be easiest to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment